*Competition now closed*
I have a prize to give away! I have been contacted by fdcovers, a stamp collectibles company who have released some art work for the new Royal Mail Bees of Britain stamps issued in August 2015. The six stamps have been designed by Anna Ekelund and beautifully illustrated by wildlife illustrator Richard Lewington. It’s nice that some less well-known bees have been chosen – would you recognise the Scabious bee (Andrena hattorfiana) or Bilberry bumblebee (Bombus monticola) if you saw one?
Fdcovers produce art work to accompany the stamps:
- We purchase new stamps from the Royal Mail prior to the issue date. We design a special envelope called a ‘cover’ and a presentation album.
- Once the stamps have been fixed to the covers they are cancelled on the day of issue with a postmark designed by us (also called a Special Hand Stamp). Hand stamping on the day of issue can never be repeated.
- All our covers and albums are limited edition. For example, for ‘Celebrating Bees’ we have limited the issue to 1000 per cover.
- You can see the full bees product range at bees.fdcovers.com
I’m particularly impressed that their bee album contains an everlasting sweet pea fragrance! Also they will be supporting bees with a donation to the Bumblebee Conservation Trust and the British Beekeeping Association.
Fdcovers’ limited edition signed art print (which is limited to 120) retails for £32.00 and they have kindly offered me a free one to give away to a lucky reader. A picture of this beautiful print is below.
- Please leave a comment telling me either your favourite thing about bees OR a memorable experience you had with a bee. I will number the comments in the order they’re left and pick the winner at random using a random number generator.
- UK readers only please and the closing date will be Thursday 17th September. If you win I’ll contact you using the email address you commented with.
Terms and conditions
1. The promoter is: Fdcovers.com (company no. 09119257) whose registered office is at 40 Queen Anne Street, London W1G 9EL.
2. Employees of Fdcovers.com or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Closing date for entry will be Thursday 17 September. After this date no further entries to the competition will be accepted.
5. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
6. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered and the prize is not transferable. The prize is subject to availability and Fdcovers reserve the right to substitute the prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
7. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
8. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
*Competition now closed*